Ode to Finding Contentment in Life

Thursday, July 22, 2010

I have discovered something.

I have discovered that when you're happy, and you make a conscious effort to be happy... good things come your way. Isn't that just special? Life seems terrific right now, and I couldn't be happier or more thankful. Sure, bad days like to show their nasty heads once in a while (last night at work, for example) but they seem pretty insignificant in light of the good days. And why waste time feeling pissed off? That has NEVER made me feel better about anything. I realize that I sound like someone that you'd typically hate--someone who's bright and bubbly and likes to sprinkle fairy dust on anyone who walks by... but I truly feel blessed. And thankful. And wonderful. And to be honest, part of me wonders if I'm feeling this way because I'm actually starting to grow up--maturing a bit. Hmm. I don't think there'll ever be a time when I won't be silly and child-like, but I do have this greater sense of importance all of a sudden. It's kinda cool.

In lighter news, school's approaching at a rapid rate, which is one thing I'm trying to stay positive about. It's going to be pretty weird going to school without all of my classmates (especially Dani, my wombmate), but luckily I've made some pretty sweet friends that are younger than me, and I know that there's fun to be had with them. *pokes Abby, Emily and Mindy* (even though Mindy's going to Northern Ireland! D:)

I'm in a terrific Harry Potter mood and most of it probably has to do with the fact that my sister Kristin and I geek out in front of her television every night, magicking up her screen with Harry Potter Lego for the Wii. You don't even KNOW how much fun this stinking game is! Sure, it's for children, but COME ON. It's Harry Potter... and Lego's... are you ever too old for either?! NO. And besides, it's caused me to pull the ole bricks out and crack the covers open again. My oh my how I've missed the wonderful world of Harry Potter. It's been far too long, I tell you! Oh, and speaking of the wonderful world of Harry Potter, Courtney and I are going to the theme park come December!!!!!!! SQUEEE! :O I honestly mean it when I say I'll be the girl that's sobbing in the corner of The Three Broomsticks, butterbeer in hand. Dream come true, man--DREAM COME TRUE. ^U^

You know, I've been wondering for a while now... emoticons. What are peoples thoughts on them? Do they belittle conversation? Do they add excitement? Personally, I think they're supah cute, however I'm not in favor of them appearing in every sentence. That's just ridonkulous.

Hmmm. Feeling pretty mellow. Guess we'll leave it at that for tonight.

GIF OF THE DAY:

Photobucket

5 comments:

Brent Schroeder said...

I laughed out loud at your GIF of the day. Good work!

Also, here's my opinion on emoticons (and a shameless plug for my own blog :D)

http://schbra.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-laugh-like-this-i-cry-like-this.html

Brent Schroeder said...

Also, can I put a link to your blog on my blog? I want to link to a bunch of blogs on my blog so people can check out others blogs while they're checking out my blog and it'll be like I have a bunch of blogs on one blog.

Blog?

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

sorry about the previous delet..i had a typo and it bothered me..haha..GOOO ENGLISH! LIBBIKINS!!!!!!!!!!! I am in a state of sheer joy at this moment because I just read your blog...GAHH!! while i despise school, I CAN'T WAIT TO BE REUNITED! (i really want to go to clown school though, but i don't think mom will let me) o and in terms of arry (i don't ever use the "h") potter, i bought the a PS2 game from half.com the begginning of summer for like 2 bucks because i went on a crazy arry potter kick!!

Mindy said...

Sorry to earn the angry face, but, hey, there's always Skype, right? I will miss everyone, though. I LOVE your layout by the by.

P.S. Dang you, I'm hoping to get to the friggin' park by the end of ten years, not ten months. *Pouts*

Post a Comment

Followers

Pages

About Me

My photo
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."